Pages

Monday, September 8, 2014

anders









This September morning, a Monday, Kentucky seems to be heralding the start of fall. It's all cool breezes, crispy leaves on the ground, the buzz of cicadas noticeably quieter than a week ago. And suddenly time seems to be going too fast. Already I've got so many of my fall days planned, and I need more time. How can we squeeze in more walks across the river, apple-picking, and fall festivals? A trip to Michigan, a visit to the pumpkin patch, and pie-baking?

Today Jude and I wore sweaters for the first time this season. I've got some new ones ready for him to wear once it really turns cold, but, barring a growth spurt, I think this Anders sweater will have to wait until next year. I made the biggest size, but my boy is still a little bit. He likes to point out the trees and snow on this sweater, though, so I think (and hope) that bodes well. Maybe he'll actually let me try it on him someday.

I used Malabrigo Arroyo for this sweater; it's squishy soft and wonderful to knit with, even during a humid Kentucky summer. I entered the sweater in the state fair just so I could get cheap tickets, and I was happily surprised that it received a ribbon.

* * *

What's going on in your neck of the woods? After listless summer days, I'm feeling overwhelmed by all I need to accomplish before winter comes. I'm off now to make a to-do list, so at least the crushing onslaught of things to be done will be organized. Ha.

5 comments:

  1. This is a terrific jumper for Jude. I love the contrast of the blue and cream. Arroyo is a great yarn. We are immersed in school. Three weeks down and the fourth week starting. PTA has kept me busy but it'll die down a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the ribbon at the State Fair! Such a beautiful sweater for Jude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! There really is no better combination of colours than indigo blue and white. It is an ancient and cross-cultural delight. It really is a lovely piece of work and clearly folks that know, thought so too. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so pretty! I love the subtle variation in the blue...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, I feel the same way about time! I read something- that I'm going go butcher- that went something like "the thing is, you think you have enough time." There's just never enough... days go so quickly the more you love them, don't they?

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcomed!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin